If you are visiting our website for the first time, Welcome! The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd is a thriving, downtown church with a rich history and vibrant ministry today. Having served Corpus Christi and South Texas for over 150 years, we continue to change lives by sharing Christ in our community and among our neighbors. The Church of the Good Shepherd is an energetic and enthusiastic congregation of believers, who welcomes you to join us in our worship, our study and fellowship, and mission outreach to the city, state, country and the world. We invite you to learn more about us by exploring this site, and of course by visiting us in person. Our prayer is that in joining us, you will grow in your faith in God, through the Lord Jesus Christ, while experiencing God’s Spirit through authentic fellowship. For more information, click on Explore Good Shepherd.
Men’s Life Fellowship Trap Shoot
Wednesday, September 9 at 5:30 p.m.
Corpus Christi Pistol and Rifle Club (2832 FM 763)
$28 for Dinner and 2 Rounds – Bring your own gun and ammo
RSVP to the Church Office at 361-882-1735 or email@example.com
Join us as we kick-off a new program year!
Be comfortable….wear casual clothes.
8:45 a.m. Breakfast Fellowship
9:30 a.m. Sunday School Begins
10:30 a.m. Special Rally Day Service with Holy Eucharist
11:45 a.m. Rally Day Celebration on the front lawn of the Church
The Story Resumes on Sunday, September 13th
We are enjoying an amazing journey through the Bible with The Story! From January through June we have moved through the entire Old Testament. In September we will return to The Story and will begin the New Testament. This new portion of The Story will begin on Rally Day, Sunday, September 13 in Church and in Sunday School. You have all summer to read the next chapter! There is no better place to begin than with Chapter 22, The Birth of the King!
During July and August, adults are invited to join us during the Sunday School hour (9:30 a.m.) in the Parlor as we come together for an informal Bible study on the Sunday Lectionary Readings. Children’s Chapel is available during the 10:30 a.m. service throughout the summer for children ages 3 and above. The Nursery is available for children ages 2 and under.
September will be a great time to start The Story for anyone who wants to take part in this amazing journey through the Bible! If you still need a book, they are available in the Church Office. We have copies for the whole family.
Service Times: 8:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 5:30 p.m.
The Story Schedule with dates, chapters and topics: click here
Youth Group Resumes with our New Youth Minister!
After a year of careful review and prayerful consideration of many Youth Minister candidates, we are excited to announce our new Youth Minister, Matthew Bloss. Matthew is a 2013 graduate of Pennsylvania State University. He was drawn to ministry in college and decided to join the Episcopal Service Corps to explore ministry as a lifelong vocation. He has served the last year through the Episcopal Service Corps at St. Stephens Episcopal Church and School in Houston. He has been an active leader in their Youth Ministry program working with children and youth of various ages. Matthew has a strong passion for the ministry of the Episcopal Church and is excited for the opportunity to serve as our Youth Minister at Good Shepherd and St. James Episcopal School. You will find that he is warm, very bright and articulate, has a strong sense of faith, and is enthusiastic about sharing Christ with the Youth of our church and school.
Come meet Matthew and join Youth Group!
Middle School (7th-8th Grades) Wednesdays 6:30-8:00 pm at the Youth House
High School (9th-12th Grades) Sunday, Sept. 6th 6:30 pm Island Yogurt Shoppe
Sundays (beginning Sept. 13) 6:30-8:00 pm at the Youth House
Join the Children’s Choir!
Begins Monday, September 14 from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. in the Choir Room
New Women’s Bible Study
“Living Our Legacy” Capital Campaign Update
- Richard King Building Endowment Fund
- St. James Scholarship Fund
- St. James Maintenance Reserve Fund
- Storage Shed Removed from Water Street
- New Children’s Chapel Floors
- Children’s Chapel Doors Refinished
- Courtyard Flowerbed Repaired
- Concrete Breezeway Repaired
- New Middle School Roof
- Exterior Lighting Repaired Campus Wide
- Tiles in Narthex and at Church Entry Repaired
- Rotted Soffitts outside Children’s Chapel Replaced
- Masonry Repaired
- Missing Downspouts Replaced
- Broken Drain Pipes on Water St. Level Replaced
- Water St. Level HVAC Water Lines and Insulation Replaced
- Security Alarm Panels Upgraded Campus Wide
- Upgrade Fire Alarm System for Foster, Brown and Gym
- Access Control System on Main Doors Campus Wide
- Security Cameras Campus Wide
- Munds/Dobbins Hall Water Infiltration
- Middle School Window Repairs
- Repairs and Updates to Men’s Breezeway Restroom
- Bluff Terracing
- Chiller Unit for Foster Hall and Sanctuary
- Humidity Control System for Sanctuary
- Insulation Replaced for Upper Foster Hall Chiller Lines
- Hurricane Shutters for St. James Art Room
- Electrical Sub-panels for Foster Hall Classrooms Replaced
- Projection System for Munds Hall Auditorium
- Middle School Courtyard Repairs
- Upgrade Church Office Server and Computers
- Church Refrigerator Replaced
The following projects are in progress:
- Campus Wide Wireless Network
- Campus Wide Irrigation System Repairs
- Impact Resistant/Energy Efficient Windows for Munds Hall
- Stained Glass Window Preventive Maintenance and Protection
- Audio/Visual Recording, Projection and Sound System Upgrades for Sanctuary