If you are visiting our website for the first time, Welcome! the Church of the Good Shepherd is a thriving, downtown church with a rich history and vibrant ministry today. Having served Corpus Christi and South Texas for over 150 years, we continue to change lives by sharing Christ in our community and among our neighbors. The Church of the Good Shepherd is an energetic and enthusiastic congregation of believers, who welcomes you to join us in our worship, our study and fellowship, and mission outreach to the city, state, country and the world. We invite you to learn more about us by exploring this site, and of course by visiting us in person. Our prayer is that in joining us, you will grow in your faith in God, through the Lord Jesus Christ, while experiencing God’s Spirit through authentic fellowship. For more information, click on Explore Good Shepherd.
Fr. Milton is currently on Sabbatical and will return on July 25th. We are in good hands with our Associate Rector, the Rev. Philip May, and we welcome the Rev. Frank Fuller who will be assisting. Sabbatical is a carefully planned period of time to promote a priest’s spiritual, intellectual and emotional renewal and growth in order to be a more effective minister and to shepherd God’s people. A key element of sabbatical is for us to lift Milton in prayer. We will provide specific prayers each week via the cotgs.org website, email and Sunday announcements. Please pray for him daily.
This Week’s Sabbatical Prayer:
Father, we pray that you place the whole armor of God on Milton. We ask you place the breastplate of righteousness, the girdle of truth, the sandals of the readiness of the Gospel of peace, and the helmet of the Salvation on Milton. Equip him with the shield of faith and the sword of the spirit, which is the mighty word of God. Amen (See Ephesians 6:11-17)
Camp Good Sam is a mission of the Episcopal Church that keeps at-risk elementary school children engaged with learning through the summer with academics, field trips and special projects. It helps students who typically might fall behind over the summer maintain the necessary skills and information for the new school year.
We are asking for you to help a child go to Camp Good Sam this summer.
There are two ways that you can give a monetary donation.
1. Send a check to the Church Office made out to Camp Good Sam Summer Enrichment with “Corpus Christi” on the memo line.
2. Or Click Here to donate online.
How YOUR donation can help:
$20 provides snacks for a child for two weeks
$50 provides lunches for a child two weeks
$100 provides field trip admission to five children
$250 provides transportation to local field trips
$800 sponsors one child for the whole summer
If you would like to donate, volunteer or learn more, click here.
for all Confirmed 6th – 12th Graders
Sunday, May 8
9:30 a.m. in the Sanctuary
The job of an acolyte is to assist the priest and enhance the worship service to help glorify God. This is an important ministry in our church. Serving as an acolyte is a commitment of your time and talent to the Lord’s service, which is greatly appreciated. If you are a confirmed 6th – 12th grader and would like to serve the Church as an acolyte, please come this Sunday at 9:30 a.m. All current acolytes should attend, as well.
Two Day Seminar
Finding Sabbath in Everyday Life
Led by The Rev. Philip May
with Special Guest Speaker Katherine “Kiki” Duck
Friday, May 13
5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
in Munds Hall Auditorium (Light Dinner Provided)
Saturday, May 14
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
in Munds Hall Auditorium (Continental Breakfast Provided)
In today’s world, we have lost the necessary rhythm of life…
the balance between work and rest. Long ago, the tradition of Sabbath created an oasis of sacred time. Today, Sabbath can be a
Sabbath afternoon, a Sabbath hour or a Sabbath walk.
In this seminar, we will learn how to use this time of sacred rest to refresh our bodies and minds, restore our creativity, and regain our inner happiness in our everyday lives. We will explore how to create a special time of rest, delight, and renewal…a refuge for our souls.
Please contact the Church Office at 361-882-1735 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend.
Vacation Bible School – Register Now!
June 13 – June 17 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon at Church of the Good Shepherd
Register for VBS here.
Can We Count on You to Help? We need Volunteers!
First Volunteer Meeting: Thursday, April 7 at 9:00 a.m. in Dobbins Hall Classroom
We need you! You can pick what you would like to help with: arts & crafts, Bible stories, games, cinema, snack or helper. You can choose!
Last year we had an amazing VBS and we couldn’t have done it without our volunteers. We would like to duplicate the success this summer! YOU are a vital part of this fun week!
If you can be part of this awesome week, please contact Sandy McCampbell at 361-779-7742 or email@example.com.
Living Our Legacy Capital Campaign
- Richard King Building Endowment Fund
- St. James Scholarship Fund
- St. James Maintenance Reserve Fund
- Storage Shed Removed from Water Street
- New Children’s Chapel Floors
- Children’s Chapel Doors Refinished
- Courtyard Flowerbed Repaired
- Concrete Breezeway Repaired
- New Middle School Roof
- Exterior Lighting Repaired Campus Wide
- Tiles in Narthex and at Church Entry Repaired
- Rotted Soffitts outside Children’s Chapel Replaced
- Masonry Repaired
- Missing Downspouts Replaced
- Broken Drain Pipes on Water St. Level Replaced
- Water St. Level HVAC Water Lines and Insulation Replaced
- Security Alarm Panels Upgraded Campus Wide
- Upgrade Fire Alarm System for Foster, Brown and Gym
- Access Control System on Main Doors Campus Wide
- Security Cameras Campus Wide
- Munds/Dobbins Hall Water Infiltration
- Middle School Window Repairs
- Repairs and Updates to Men’s Breezeway Restroom
- Bluff Terracing
- Chiller Unit for Foster Hall and Sanctuary
- Humidity Control System for Sanctuary
- Insulation Replaced for Upper Foster Hall Chiller Lines
- Hurricane Shutters for St. James Art Room
- Electrical Sub-panels for Foster Hall Classrooms Replaced
- Projection System for Munds Hall Auditorium
- Middle School Courtyard Repairs
- Upgrade Church Office Server and Computers
- Church Refrigerator Replaced
- Stained Glass Window Preventive Maintenance and Protection
- Impact Resistant/Energy Efficient Windows for Munds Hall
The following projects are in progress:
- Campus Wide Wireless Network
- Campus Wide Irrigation System Repairs
- Audio/Visual Recording, Projection and Sound System Upgrades for Sanctuary