If you are visiting our website for the first time, Welcome! the Church of the Good Shepherd is a thriving, downtown church with a rich history and vibrant ministry today. Having served Corpus Christi and South Texas for over 150 years, we continue to change lives by sharing Christ in our community and among our neighbors. The Church of the Good Shepherd is an energetic and enthusiastic congregation of believers, who welcomes you to join us in our worship, our study and fellowship, and mission outreach to the city, state, country and the world. We invite you to learn more about us by exploring this site, and of course by visiting us in person. Our prayer is that in joining us, you will grow in your faith in God, through the Lord Jesus Christ, while experiencing God’s Spirit through authentic fellowship. For more information, click on Explore Good Shepherd.
Fr. Milton is currently on Sabbatical and will return on July 25th. We are in good hands with our Associate Rector, the Rev. Philip May, and we welcome the Rev. Frank Fuller who is assisting. Sabbatical is a carefully planned period of time to promote a priest’s spiritual, intellectual and emotional renewal and growth in order to be a more effective minister and to shepherd God’s people. A key element of sabbatical is for us to lift Milton in prayer. We will provide specific prayers each week via the cotgs.org website, email and Sunday announcements. Please pray for him daily.
This Week’s Sabbatical Prayer:
Heavenly Father, let the mind of Christ be strong in Milton. Send the spirit of prayer upon him. Let nothing hinder Milton’s time with you and let him rise up to seek you. Give him the time, the desire, and the place to pray. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen
Mark 1:35 “Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.”
1 Thessalonians 5:17 “pray continually”
Vacation Bible School has ended for 2016 but the spirit is alive in all who participated! Thank you to all of the wonderful volunteers and counselors who made this last week possible! Together you taught 125 children how Jesus gives us hope, courage, direction, love and his power. What a blessing you are to our children and the Church!
Next Build Date: Saturday, June 18
Church of the Good Shepherd is part of The Episcopal Ministries of Corpus Christi along with the other Episcopal Churches in our city. Together we will build wheelchair ramps for individuals and families with financial need. We also seek to strengthen neighborhoods by building community connections.
• The Advance Team visits with neighbors near the ramp project, introducing the project and inviting neighborhood engagement.
• The Building Team constructs the ramps.
Remember: This is our year to focus on Risk-Taking Mission and Service. What better way to serve others than to work elbow-to-elbow helping those in need! By building wheelchair ramps and spending time with the neighbors, you are making a difference and sharing the love of Christ!
We will send out communication via email and Sunday Announcements regarding the location. Ramp builds take place the third Saturday of each month.
Living Our Legacy Capital Campaign
- Richard King Building Endowment Fund
- St. James Scholarship Fund
- St. James Maintenance Reserve Fund
- Storage Shed Removed from Water Street
- New Children’s Chapel Floors
- Children’s Chapel Doors Refinished
- Courtyard Flowerbed Repaired
- Concrete Breezeway Repaired
- New Middle School Roof
- Exterior Lighting Repaired Campus Wide
- Tiles in Narthex and at Church Entry Repaired
- Rotted Soffitts outside Children’s Chapel Replaced
- Masonry Repaired
- Missing Downspouts Replaced
- Broken Drain Pipes on Water St. Level Replaced
- Water St. Level HVAC Water Lines and Insulation Replaced
- Security Alarm Panels Upgraded Campus Wide
- Upgrade Fire Alarm System for Foster, Brown and Gym
- Access Control System on Main Doors Campus Wide
- Security Cameras Campus Wide
- Munds/Dobbins Hall Water Infiltration
- Middle School Window Repairs
- Repairs and Updates to Men’s Breezeway Restroom
- Bluff Terracing
- Chiller Unit for Foster Hall and Sanctuary
- Humidity Control System for Sanctuary
- Insulation Replaced for Upper Foster Hall Chiller Lines
- Hurricane Shutters for St. James Art Room
- Electrical Sub-panels for Foster Hall Classrooms Replaced
- Projection System for Munds Hall Auditorium
- Middle School Courtyard Repairs
- Upgrade Church Office Server and Computers
- Church Refrigerator Replaced
- Stained Glass Window Preventive Maintenance and Protection
- Impact Resistant/Energy Efficient Windows for Munds Hall
The following projects are in progress:
- Campus Wide Wireless Network
- Campus Wide Irrigation System Repairs
- Audio/Visual Recording, Projection and Sound System Upgrades for Sanctuary