If you are visiting our website for the first time, Welcome! the Church of the Good Shepherd is a thriving, downtown church with a rich history and vibrant ministry today. Having served Corpus Christi and South Texas for over 150 years, we continue to change lives by sharing Christ in our community and among our neighbors. The Church of the Good Shepherd is an energetic and enthusiastic congregation of believers, who welcomes you to join us in our worship, our study and fellowship, and mission outreach to the city, state, country and the world. We invite you to learn more about us by exploring this site, and of course by visiting us in person. Our prayer is that in joining us, you will grow in your faith in God, through the Lord Jesus Christ, while experiencing God’s Spirit through authentic fellowship. For more information, click on Explore Good Shepherd.
Fr. Milton is currently on Sabbatical and will return on July 25th. We are in good hands with our Associate Rector, the Rev. Philip May, and we welcome the Rev. Frank Fuller who will be assisting. Sabbatical is a carefully planned period of time to promote a priest’s spiritual, intellectual and emotional renewal and growth in order to be a more effective minister and to shepherd God’s people. A key element of sabbatical is for us to lift Milton in prayer. We will provide specific prayers each week via the cotgs.org website, email and Sunday announcements. Please pray for him daily.
This Week’s Sabbatical Prayer:
Lord, as Milton spends quiet time with You, shed Your love abroad in his heart. Let him know how much he is loved. Let Your love be the mainstay in Milton’s ministry. Keep his face set on You, placing Your Word in the midst of his heart to give him life and health. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen
Numbers 6:25 The Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you
Vacation Bible School – Register Now!
June 13 – June 17 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon at Church of the Good Shepherd
Register for VBS here.
Can We Count on You to Help? We need Volunteers!
First Volunteer Meeting: Thursday, April 7 at 9:00 a.m. in Dobbins Hall Classroom
We need you! You can pick what you would like to help with: arts & crafts, Bible stories, games, cinema, snack or helper. You can choose!
Last year we had an amazing VBS and we couldn’t have done it without our volunteers. We would like to duplicate the success this summer! YOU are a vital part of this fun week!
If you can be part of this awesome week, please contact Sandy McCampbell at 361-779-7742 or email@example.com.
Living Our Legacy Capital Campaign
- Richard King Building Endowment Fund
- St. James Scholarship Fund
- St. James Maintenance Reserve Fund
- Storage Shed Removed from Water Street
- New Children’s Chapel Floors
- Children’s Chapel Doors Refinished
- Courtyard Flowerbed Repaired
- Concrete Breezeway Repaired
- New Middle School Roof
- Exterior Lighting Repaired Campus Wide
- Tiles in Narthex and at Church Entry Repaired
- Rotted Soffitts outside Children’s Chapel Replaced
- Masonry Repaired
- Missing Downspouts Replaced
- Broken Drain Pipes on Water St. Level Replaced
- Water St. Level HVAC Water Lines and Insulation Replaced
- Security Alarm Panels Upgraded Campus Wide
- Upgrade Fire Alarm System for Foster, Brown and Gym
- Access Control System on Main Doors Campus Wide
- Security Cameras Campus Wide
- Munds/Dobbins Hall Water Infiltration
- Middle School Window Repairs
- Repairs and Updates to Men’s Breezeway Restroom
- Bluff Terracing
- Chiller Unit for Foster Hall and Sanctuary
- Humidity Control System for Sanctuary
- Insulation Replaced for Upper Foster Hall Chiller Lines
- Hurricane Shutters for St. James Art Room
- Electrical Sub-panels for Foster Hall Classrooms Replaced
- Projection System for Munds Hall Auditorium
- Middle School Courtyard Repairs
- Upgrade Church Office Server and Computers
- Church Refrigerator Replaced
- Stained Glass Window Preventive Maintenance and Protection
- Impact Resistant/Energy Efficient Windows for Munds Hall
The following projects are in progress:
- Campus Wide Wireless Network
- Campus Wide Irrigation System Repairs
- Audio/Visual Recording, Projection and Sound System Upgrades for Sanctuary